By Chou Khamkeuang
The display, mouse, keyboard, and accessibility options in Ubuntu are available in Settings.
- The display settings are under Settings > Devices > Screen Display. Available display options are:
- Orientation: Landscape, Portrait Right, Portrait Left, Landscape (flipped)
- Scale: 100% or 200%
- Refresh Rate
- Night Light: On or Off
Settings for keyboard are under Settings > Devices > Keyboard. The keyboard settings are all keyboard shortcuts, and there are a lot. More shortcuts can be added as well. Keyboard shortcuts can be changed to other keyboard combinations as well or changed to do other actions.
- Settings for mouse are under Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad. Settings available for mouse are:
- Primary Button: Left or Right
- Touchpad settings include:
- Touchpad: On or Off
- Natural Scrolling: On or Off
- Touchpad Speed
- Tap to Click
- Two-finger scrolling: On or Off
- Edge Scrolling: On or Off
- The accessibility settings on Ubuntu are under Universal Access. The options are:
- Always Show Universal Access Menu
- Settings for Seeing are:
- High Contrast
- Large Text
- Cursor Size
- Screen Reader
- Sound Keys
- Settings for Hearing are:
- Visual Alerts
- Settings for Typing are:
- Screen Keyboard
- Repeat Keys
- Cursor Blinking
- Typing Assist
- Settings for Pointing & Clicking are:
- Mouse Keys
- Click Assist
- Double-Click Delay
- There are various settings for input and output devices.
Thunderbolt settings are under Settings > Devices > Thunderbolt and include:
- Direct Access
- Removable Media settings are under Settings > Devices > Removable Media. The settings include:
- CD Audio
- DVD video
- Music player
- Other Media
- Never prompt or start programs on media insertion
Printers settings are under Settings > Devices > Printers. It lists the list of printers and the options to add printers.
There are also settings for wacom tablets which is under Settings > Devices > Wacom Tablet.
Sound settings are under Settings > Sound. There are several options for Output, Input, Sound Effects, and Applications.